A house fire in Bethesda displaced two adults and two children on Friday, according to a Montgomery County Fire & Rescue official.
The fire broke out in a home in the 5800 block of Tanglewood Drive Friday afternoon, forcing the family to evacuate, Fire & Rescue spokesman Pete Piringer posted on Twitter.
One firefighter was injured when they fell part of the way through the floor while searching for people inside, Piringer wrote. Their injuries were not considered life-threatening.
Update – Tanglewood Dr., Bethesda, fire in kitchen on 1st floor fire, fire likely extended & burned undetected in walls floors & flooring, 1 FF searching for occupants & source of fire fell partially thru floor, other firefighters in basement assisted FF do safety in basement https://t.co/hIn55R0GFx pic.twitter.com/OsgvokaKw6
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) July 2, 2021
Firefighters think the fire started near an electrical conductor in the joist space between the basement because the conductor was not properly connected to an outlet and overheated, Piringer wrote.
The fire caused about $150,000 in damage, according to Piringer.
Dan Schere can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org