Emergency crews respond to a home in North Potomac on Thursday. Credit: via Pete Piringer

One person died after being found unconscious on Thursday in a North Potomac home with high concentrations of carbon monoxide.

Around 5 p.m., residents returned to a house on Amberlea Farm Drive and found a person unconscious and in cardiac arrest, according to a Twitter post from Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesman Pete Piringer.

The person later died, according to Piringer.

The Montgomery County Police Department is conducting a death investigation, Piringer wrote.

No additional information was immediately available.