County Firefighters respond to a kitchen fire at a Tuckerman Lane home in Bethesda. PETE PIRINGER

A kitchen fire sparked by teenagers attempting to fry french fries in oil damaged a Bethesda home Tuesday afternoon, according to the Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service.

Firefighters responded to a report of a fire that flashed and spread at around 2 p.m. as the teens cooked the fries on a stovetop in the home on the 8800 block of Tuckerman Lane, MCFRS spokesman Pete Piringer reported. No one was injured in the incident.

Damage to the single-family home was estimated at $50,000, including $30,000 in contents and $15,000 to the structure.