Montgomery County emergency responders at Rockville home where carbon monoxide was detected Credit: VIA PETE PIRINGER

Updated 11:40 a.m. May 14: One man was found dead and another adult was transported to a local hospital with nonlife-threatening injuries after emergency medical workers responded to a 911 call Friday night at a Rockville home and detected high levels of carbon monoxide inside, according to Montgomery County fire department officials.

The man was identified as 25-year-old Manuel Kevin Cornejo-Paredes, Capt. Paul Starks, a Montgomery County police spokesman, said Monday

Starks said police are investigating the death as a suicide.

“There was a note left behind,” Starks said. “And other circumstances at the scene were consistent with a suicide.”

Pete Piringer, spokesman for the Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service, tweeted that an EMS crew responded to a medical emergency call received around 9 p.m. from the home on the 300 block of Lawrence Drive. Upon entering, a carbon monoxide detector affixed to the crew’s first aid bag signaled the presence of carbon monoxide.

Cornejo-Paredes was a resident of the home, Starks said. A family member arrived and discovered what had happened, and then was affected by the fumes, he said.

According to Piringer, high levels of the odorless gas were found throughout the two-story house, most likely produced by a generator that was running inside. The crew pronounced one occupant dead and evaluated the injuries of another.