Credit: Via David Pazos/Twitter

A Bethesda family was displaced after a fire broke out in its townhouse on Wednesday afternoon, according to Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service officials.

A smoke alarm alerted the family members to a fire in their townhouse in the 10200 block of Arizona Circle at about 2:10 p.m., MCFRS spokesman Pete Piringer tweeted. The residents got out of the house safely with no injuries.

Firefighters arrived to find smoke showing from the house, according to Piringer. They had the fire under control before 3 p.m.

The fire had started in a basement bedroom, according to Piringer. Combustibles were too close to an electric space heater. The fire caused about $25,000 in damages.