Updated at 1:40 p.m. Tuesday: A fire in a Rockville townhouse Tuesday morning that left one person injured most likely started in the kitchen, according to Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service spokesman Pete Piringer.
Firefighters responded to the two-story townhouse on the 200 block of Rollins Avenue before 10:40 a.m., according to Piringer. The residents had gotten out safely, but one person had minor burns and was taken to a local hospital.
Heavy flames erupted from the first floor of the building as firefighters fought the blaze. The bulk of the fire was extinguished by 11 a.m. and the remaining flames were put out by about 12:30 p.m. The fire was confined to the townhouse and did not damage adjacent units, according to Piringer.
200 block of Rollins Avenue, building fire pic.twitter.com/HfcPLZcaMb
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) February 27, 2018