A tree fell on a Bethesda home Christmas afternoon, causing a gas leak and displacing the residents, according to a fire official.
The family was not home at the time and no one was injured, Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Service spokesman Pete Piringer wrote on Twitter.
Rescue workers came to the house in the 7600 block of Edenwood Court in Carderock Springs after a neighbor heard the noise of the tree falling, according to Piringer.
The tree fell at about 2:15 p.m. because of the wind.
Via Pete Piringer/Twitter